07 June, 2010

A-heh, heh, ugh. S'mores bars yum!

Sorry I've been MIA... I swear I keep meaning to update ya'll and life goes OH NO YOU DI'INT! *snaps fingers in Z formation* And then I'm all, "Bitch, PLEASE" and it just goes downhill from there.

So, uh...yeah.

Update! :D

So last weekend I made S'mores bars - little bite-sized s'mores that you cook in the oven and they are SO RICH OMG.

I got this recipe from bakingbites.com - check it out, they're quite a good recipe site.

You will need:
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar (oops I didn't even use this oh well it was still sweet times a million)
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 king-sized milk chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s)
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows) (I used about 1 jar of marshmallow fluff)
1 jaunty hat.


Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan like you're Danny Zuko and your hair ain't cooperating.

Aww yeah.

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Whatever that means.



Beat in egg and vanilla (because it isn't abuse if they like it).


Take about 7 full-size graham cracker sheets and crumb them. How, you ask? Well, I reply dashingly, simply pop them in your food processor which everyone on the planet of course owns and... what's that you say? You're an utter rube and you don't seem to own a food processor? Why, my dear child, this is an outrage! An utter... oh, wait. I don't have one, either. Stick some graham crackers in a baggie and take a rolling pin and crunch em up til they're fine like your mom sand.




If you want (and are totes OCD, like me), you can even sift them into the bowl so as to remove any not-fine graham cracker crumbs.


In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
Of course, I forgot to take a picture.

Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.


It'll be hella, mega, super thick.

Divide dough in half.

Look, lungs! Or maybe kidneys.

Press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan.


"Even" is a relative term here.

Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars fit perfectly.

Product placement product placement product placement


Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff.

There is nothing natural in this container.
It even tried to eat me! *shiver*


Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles and laying them together).




Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned it looks like a rocky tundra.


Cool completely before cutting into bars or wait about 10 minutes for the temperature to decrease from magma to raging inferno and dig in with a spoon. ;)

Big yum.




Makes 16 cookie bars, or a hell of a lot more if you cut them bite-sized.

I swear swear swear I will be better about posting this week, okay intar-wubs? Big promise.

<3,
TWC

1 comment:

  1. She made these for me. It was like taking a bite of diabetes. While not particularly an appetizing analogy, one could imagine how it would have to taste (I'll give you a hint; it starts with the 'guh' sound and ends with 'ood') to be able to deliver a chronic disease in one bite.

    ReplyDelete